BILBERRY AND BANANA SMOOTHIE
- Measure all ingredients into the blender or a bowl.
- Drive in a blender or bowl with a hand blender.
- Enjoy the smoothie.
- Tip: If you want a thicker smoothie, chop the banana in a freezer bag and freeze. Add the frozen slices of banana into the smoothie.
- Tip: If you think that you don't time to use the baby spinach, you can freeze it. Finnish baby spinach is usually pre-rinsed, so you can throw the bag you bought straight into the freezer and take the spinach you need.
BILBERRY AND BANANA SMOOTHIE
- 1 banana
- 1 dl (1/2 cup) frozen bilberries
- 2 tbsp Biokia’s organic bilberry powder
- 1 dl (1/2 cup) Turkish yoghurt
- 1 dl (1/2 cup) coconut drink or other liquid
- 1 measurement cup of vanilla whey
- a handful of organic baby spinach
This bilberry and banana-smoothie is a truly nutritious breakfast or snack. The full smoothie is rich in protein from whey powder and yoghurt, which will keep your hunger at bay for a long time.
Frozen bilberries and organic bilberry powder guarantee that your morning starts with a real vitamin bomb. Banana brings sweetness and fullness to the drink. The fat of Turkish yoghurt, on the other hand, makes the smoothie creamy.
This smoothie has frozen bilberries and Biokia’s organic bilberry powder, which together account for nearly four decilitres of bilberries. There is a reason why bilberry is called a Finnish superfood. It is rich in vitamin E, potassium and fibre: Each 100 grams (3.5 oz) of bilberries contains 3.3 g of fiber with a recommended daily intake of 25 mg and 1.9 mg of vitamin E with a recommended daily intake of about 10 mg.
This means that the smoothie has plenty of vitamins and fibre. If you have a sensitive stomach, you can start with 1-2 teaspoons of the organic bilberry powder.
Biokia’s organic bilberry powder is ground from whole Finnish wild bilberries. The powder is versatile and easy to use. It can be used in smoothies or in yoghurt, quark or porridge. The bilberry powder gives smoothies and other dishes a beautiful, delicious purple colour.
BANANA BRINGS SWEETNESS
Banana is an actual health fruit which, due to its energy content, fills the stomach and serves as an easy snack. Banana is rich in vitamins and potassium. Potassium is good for the heart, blood circulation and the nervous system.
Banana is also a great sweetener because of its high sugar content. It gives gentle sweetness to this smoothie. Banana is a versatile fruit that can be used in pastries and drinks.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR VARIETY FOR YOUR BILBERRY AND BANANA SMOOTHIE
You can swap the smoothie berries to your mood. You can replace the bilberry powder with organic lingonberry powder that gives a tart freshness, or with blue organic berry powder mix, where you can enjoy the health benefits of several berries. In addition to bilberries, the blue organic berry powder mix contains blackcurrant, cranberries and chokeberries.
Recipe and images: Inka Ikonen, Inka I