IS IT POSSIBLE TO GET YOUR DAILY VITAMINS FROM A CAKE?
This easy cheesecake is full of vitamins and fibre! So yes, you can get your recommended daily dose of berries by eating cake. However, you should watch the amounts you consume because of the other ingredients of the cake.
Biokia’s berry powders are ground from whole Finnish wild berries. Powders are versatile and easy to use they can be used for smoothies, yoghurt, curd or oats. Berry powder gives smoothie and other dishes a beautiful, delicious colour without added sugar.
THE HEALTH EFFECTS OF BERRIES
Bilberry is rich in vitamin E, potassium and fibre. Each 100 grams of bilberries contains 3.3 g of fiber with a recommended daily intake of 25 mg and 1.9 mg of vitamin E with a recommended daily intake of about 10 mg.
Lingonberry is a berry full of antioxidants. Antioxidants prevent the oxidation of free radicals and are essential for the body. In addition, lingonberry is high in fiber and contains several healthy polyphenolic compounds.
CHOOSE WHAT YOU LIKE
All Biokia’s Organic Berry Powders can be used in this cheesecake. You can vary the powders and berries depending on the season and your mood. Cranberry and bilberry powder in particular are perfect for this pie. You can replace lingonberries with bilberries or other berries.
Recipe and images: Inka Ikonen, Inka I
- 175 g (6 oz.) Bastogne biscuits
- 75 g (2.6 oz) melted butter
- 2 dl (1 cup) double cream
- 500 g (17.6 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 2 dl (1 cup) icing sugar
- 4 tbsp Biokia’s organic bilberry powder
- 5 tbsp boiling water
Biokia products used in the recipe
- Let the gelatin leaves soak in cold water.
- Whisk the cream into a foam in a food processor or with an electric mixer.
- Add the mascarpone cheese, powdered sugar and Biokia's organic bilberry powder to the whipped cream and mix until smooth.
- Boil the water. Squeeze excess water from the leaves and dissolve them in hot water.
- Add the gelatin mix to the filling as a thin strip. Keep mixing the filling.
- Spread the filling over the cookie crust. Even out the top of the cake. Cover the cake with a plastic or aluminum foil.
- Let the cheesecake cool in the refrigerator for at least four hours, but preferably until the next day.
- Prepare whipped cream on top of the cake. Whip the cream, add sugar, vanilla sugar and Biokia’s organic lingonberry powder.
- You can spoon the whipped cream directly onto the cheesecake or put it in a piping bag and pipe the cream into small beaks.
- Decorate the cake with berries, mint leaves, Biokia's organic white chocolate blueberries and freeze-dried raspberry crumbs.