- Measure all ingredients into the blender. Mix it to an even mixture.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy. Garnish if you like.
- 2 dl (1 cup) frozen mango cubes
- 0,5 dl (1/4 cup) pear púree
- 1 dl (1/2 cup) coconut drink
- 1 dl (1/2 cup) apple juice
- 1 egg white
- half an avocado
- 2 tbsp Biokia’s bilberry powder
- 1 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp oat bran
RICH AND FILLING SMOOTHIE
The fruity bilberry smoothie contains plenty of fruit, good soft fat and plenty of Finnish superberries: one serving of organic bilberry powder corresponds up to 3 dl (1 1/4 cups) of fresh blueberries!
The smoothie is an easy way to enjoy plenty of vitamins, minerals and fibre. At the same time, remember that crushed fruits and berries better keep your hunger pangs at bay when combined with fat or protein – or preferably both. Therefore, various nuts, avocado or protein powder are an integral part of a nutritious smoothie. Instead of protein powder, you can add egg whites or increase the fiber content with bran. This recipe combines several good ingredients into a versatile and healthy smoothie that tastes good.
Try this recipe with other organic berry powders! Try lingonberry powder.
Recipe and pictures: Inka Ikonen, Inka I